Thursday 6 August 2015

Train Drama


I am currently writing this on the flight out to Geneva, Archie's first flight!

He has been a little gem... Not one crying fit or baby tantrum. Well... Yet. There is still 1 hour left on the flight.

The hardest part has been the other aspects of travelling.

The major drama of the morning has been the train journey. I was travelling via train to the airport. Anyway, my poor husband was helping me on the train with all my bags, baby and pram when the train started moving... He wasn't meant to be on it! It wasn't going to stop for another 40 minutes either, and he get another train back then...

I felt so guilty!

But on the bright my husband got to be part of Archie's first train ride.

It has been such a long day for a flight that is only an hour and a half. But I have learnt a lot about travelling with a baby.

Firstly I would avoid trains when you need your husband to help you board... Or travel very light so you don't need assistance getting on! :) They don't expect you to book a seat for a baby but if you can purchase the extra seat the extra space is very useful!

If you can avoid taking a pram I would. Getting around the airport was difficult! You have to use the lifts instead of the stairs and it is a constant battle for space! Not to mention Easyjet were not very helpful... There was only stairs to the boarding gate (so we had to fold up the pram and take it all down stairs). No one was around up assist us. They didn't seem to be aware we had a pram to put in the hold as we boarded and no one told us where to collect it after departing from the plane. Apparently you need to collect it from Special Luggage?! I never knew that...

It was also more time consuming getting through security with a pram. Longer queues that moved slower.

So if you can get away with travelling with just a baby carrier then I would.

Always change your baby before boarding the flight.

Definitely feed them a bottle during take off. Archie was absolutely fine on take off because of this (the change in air pressure didn't effect him at all).

Make sure you have everything you need out of your bag before the plans sets off. Including milk in a bottle ready to go.

Take more milk and bottles than you think you will need in your cabin luggage in case of emergencies.

And lastly always travel with someone. Luckily I was travelling with family but I wouldn't have been able to cope on my own (for my first travelling experience with a baby).

No comments:

Post a Comment