Monday 17 August 2015

Teething... Just... ARGH!

I gave myself a break from blogging this weekend.

For two main reasons; firstly I am exhausted.

I know I have mentioned being tired a few times, sorry to be repetitive. But my goodness, 3 months of not one full nights sleep is seriously effecting me now. I have coined the term "mummy-zombie" in our house to accurately sum up how I feel at the moment.
Sadly being tired from night feeds does not mean I sleep at night. I just can't seem to get back to sleep after feeding Archie at night. My nights are filled by watching trashy TV programmes on Netflix instead of sleeping.

And secondly I have a teething baby. I had no idea how upsetting and hard it becomes when they start teething. This has meant that Archie is sleeping much worse as well, and is generally grumpy and very fussy. To the extent I am wondering where my delightful baby has gone.

I do feel so sorry for him though, it is obvious that he is really distressed. I have been offering him a teething ring and have given him the occasional calpol doses when he has been very upset. But today I plan on taking myself off to Boots and throwing anything in the basket that will help him during this time.

If anyone has any tips on surviving teething then please let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment