Saturday 1 August 2015

I want to be Sharrowvale Chic!

Most people from Sheffield will know where I mean when I refer to Sharrowvale. For those of you who aren't familiar with the area, Sharrowvale is in the S11 area of Sheffield. Depending on who you ask it generally includes the popular streets of Ecclesall Road and Sharrowvale Road (as well as the smaller streets between these).

This is where I live and I love this area, it has an abundance of boutique shops, cafes, vintage inspired shops and restaurants offering tempting treats. Due to all that it has to offer it is a popular area for families, hipsters and students - and because of this, when walking around the area you will notice a few things. These include; high volumes of prams pushed by well manicured women, ladies at lunch, men sitting outside cafes looking lovingly at their parked Porsche as well as many well manicured beards.

When we moved into the area we quickly noticed the well maintained, lovely Mums of this area. Pushing their lovely prams and sitting outside the many cafes… Hence the term “Sharrowvale Chic” was born in our household. To us, Sharrowvale Chic is all about family life, beautiful mums, handsome beards and sitting in a cafe in/around one of the parks in the area (Endcliffe Park and Botanical Gardens). I especially wish I was as well put together as these lovely "Sharrowvale Chic" Mums!

I in no way consider myself to be “Sharrowvale Chic”but I really wish I was... I fear I never will be though. I am the type of Mummy that doesn't do my hair every day, have a large pile of washing to get through and constantly crash my pram (I really need a license for that thing, I am a menace on the pavements).
But in all seriousness this area is great for families, whether to live or just to enjoy for the day. These are some of my favourite things in this area:

Boutique shops, I cant get enough of the shops in this area. I never need to go anywhere else for my birthday or Christmas presents! Places like Mookau, Ora, bbiscuit and Jessica Flynn Jewellery Boutique sell the most beautiful items. Just walking around and window shopping can fill a leisurely afternoon.

Foodie heaven! From amazing bakeries to cafes and restaurants, this area has enough options to keep your cupboards stocked with delicious delicacies and your tummy full of amazing meals out. Top places are Couch (especially for their cakes), Nonnas, The Mediterranean and the Greedy Greek.

Beautiful parks: nothing beats a Sunday afternoon walk around Endcliffe Park or the Botanical Gardens. It is great for families and Endcliffe Park has a great kids area with a bouncy castle and carousel.

Family friendly events are plentiful in this area. Sharrowvale Road has regular markets on throughout the summer and one at Christmas. There is also lots of outdoor events that happen in Endcliffe Park and the Botanical Gardens. The Lescar also do relaxing Jazz nights!

This area is definitely somewhere worth enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment