Wednesday 5 August 2015

My Mum's Tiramisu Recipe (in honour of the Great British Bakeoff starting tonight!)

I am going to share with you one of my Mum's best recipes!

I know I am bias (we all love our Mum's cooking) but this is hands down the best tiramisu you will ever taste. It is super quick to make and just d.e.licious!!!

I have to limit how many times a year I make it otherwise I would be the size of a house. My husband and I even fight over the leftovers if we make it for a dinner party (to be honest we fight over who licks the whisk when I make it!).

I thought now was a good time to share it as the Great British Bakeoff starts tonight! I am trying to contain my excitement... Nope, I failed, I can't contain my excitement.

Anyway, back to the recipe!

Firstly here are the ingredients you need:
2 tubs of Mascarpone Cheese
1 can of Carnation Condensed Milk
1 pack of Ladyfinger Biscuits
Half a cup of brewed Coffee (I usually make it with a cafetiere).
Half a cup of liquor (Marsala, brandy, Cognac... whatever takes your fancy. But when I make it I use Baileys)
Tablespoon of Grated Dark Chocolate

Method:
Firstly whisk together the 2 tubs of Mascarpone and condensed milk together.

Then get a deep dish to put the tiramisu in. You then mix the coffee and liquor together.

Start dipping the ladyfingers into the coffee and liquor mixture one by one (until they are nicely soaked in the mixture), then start laying down a layer of the soaked biscuit onto the base of the dish.

Once you have covered the bash in 1 layer of the biscuits get the Mascarpone and condensed milk mixture and spoon on a layer of this, onto the biscuit (about an inch in thickness).

Then get the biscuit again, soak them and place a layer of biscuits on top of the layer of Mascarpone and condensed milk. Like you are making a lasagna. You repeat this to the top of the dish, the top layer needs to be the Mascarpone and condensed milk mixture.

Lastly sprinkle the grated dark chocolate on top.

Put in the fridge for a few hours before eating! Well, try and leave it for a few hours but I won't blame you if you eat it immediately!

1 comment: