Friday 14 August 2015

My "skincare routine"...

Before I gave birth, during the first month of my maternity leave, I spent a lot of time watching YouTube videos. I really like following "vlogging celebrities", especially ones focused on families (such as The Michalaks, Mrs Meldrum and the SacconeJolys).

In fact, I attribute much of my education on parenting to these vlogs. They were a lot of fun to watch during the boring days of waiting for my baby to arrive. My favourite has to be The Michalaks, they have an adorable little boy and watching them raise their son gave me some confidence that I would manage when my own son came along.

In addition to vlogging about parenting a lot of the Mums in these vlogs look gorgeous all the time and sometimes put up videos about their make up and skincare routines! I am not sure how they manage it. I am still at that stage where getting a 5 minute shower during the day is a miracle... How does my baby know the exact minute I enter the shower and decide to wake up and start crying?! (I think he has a sixth sense about these things).

So when I am rushing just to have a shower other time consuming "luxuries" such as make up and skincare routines have gone out the window. In fact, the words "moisturising routine" seem like some sort of cruel taunt when said out loud... and my make up bag remains unused and unloved since I bought it back from the hospital. (I didn't bother putting make up on after I gave birth, in the hospital, either... there was not enough make up in the world to make me feel/look good after 35 hours of labour and a C section).

After I gave birth my skin became very dry especially on my face and neck... Yep, that pregnancy glow went a lot quicker than my pregnancy belly! Combine that with a general lack of time and my skin did not look good. However, I can happily report it is looking loads better now... A lot less "The Mummy Returns".

So like many of these lovely Mums online I wanted to share my current moisturising regime.

Here it is:


Yep, all I do is lather on a dollop of Johnson's Baby Lotion. :)

I am being ironic of course, but at the same time deadly serious. This has really worked for me!

I am unlucky enough to have combination skin, patches of dry skin mixed with oily skin. I have found that Johnson's Baby Lotion gets rid of the dry patches on my face but also doesn't over moisturise the "oily" T section on my face.

So for now, this is my moisturising/skin care routine. I am hoping that someday soon I can return to my proper routine, which I use The Body Shop's Vitamin E range for. But from what I have heard that day may coincide with my son leaving for University?!

No comments:

Post a Comment