Thursday 13 August 2015

Getting all poetic over babies first autumn/winter...

Is anyone else excited about autumn coming?! There was the slightest chill in the air this morning and it made me all nostalgic for the colder, coming seasons.

I love autumn and winter! Both seasons just fill me with wonder and excitement... Here come the cliches...

Leaves turning different warm colours and falling, bonfire nights at local parks, warm stews and soups, hearty pies and desserts, Halloween and pumpkins, Christmas, snow and so much more!

I know summer isn't even over yet, but September is coming and with it the promise of all the perks of autumn and winter.

I feel that these seasons are when Britain really comes into its own and offers its best! Forget 30C summer days, give me cold fresh winter day with a Sunday roast any day.

I can't wait to fire up this bad boy again and get the Christmas scented Yankee candles out!


Don't even get me started on the Christmas markets! In December I am happiest with a bratwurst in a bun and mulled wine while viewing handmade gifts in German style markets!

And now I am a Mum it comes with even more excitement; autumnal strolls in the park with the pram, babies first Christmas and I plan on taking Archie to bonfire night (but I will be buying him a pair of baby noise cancelling headphones)... I truly can't wait to share all these experiences with him!

These seasons, this year, are also going to coincide with Archie weaning... I can't wait to make pumpkin soup for him and homemade focaccia bread over Halloween! That sounds way more middle class than I am, I just find focaccia bread is harder to ruin! :)

And once it gets to Christmas Archie will be old enough to sit in a highchair and try some form of Christmas dinner.

So while I will enjoy that last days of summer I am also anxiously awaiting the day the first autumn leaf falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment