Wednesday 5 August 2015

My 7 Shameful Secrets as a New Mummy!


I have only had 2 months as a Mummy but I have still had enough time to accumulate a few "shameful secrets" about motherhood!

One: The Hat Trick
I noticed when walking in the park that his sun hat falls down over his eyes causing him to fall asleep. I may have once put it on him inside so that he fell asleep and I could have a nap too. I know this probably makes me a bad Mummy but I really needed a nap.

Two: The Little White Lie
I pretended he was 3 months (when he was only 10 weeks) so that I could take him along to a baby class. Shhh...

Three: Baby Its Cold Outside
I bought my baby another coat for winter (he has 2 already) and hid the bag behind the sofa so my husband wouldn't find it until I could tell him later (when he was in a good mood). It was on sale though, I swear!

Four: Good as New
If my baby is sick on his outfit, (usually one that I just put on him) and the outfit is white I just dab it off/rub it in and pretend it never happened. When it comes to baby sick I have also been covered in it myself and just put on a coat to go out instead of changing... He will only be sick on me again so not point in washing more clothes right?! :/

Five: Oh Isn't He Advance!
Yes, I have uttered this sentence. The most cliched parenting sentence ever, so cliched I feel embarrassed I use it. Don't worry I would never say it out loud to another parent (and definitely not in a bragging way)... But in the comfort of my own home I show my husband our babies latest achievements and utter "isn't he advance!"...  I even showed my husband his weight chart to show how "perfect" his weight trajectory is! (I am ashamed of myself, but also secretly a proud mummy).

Six: Poor Kitty
I have developed serious Mummy Brain... I find myself doing the stupidest of things. I went to feed the cat the other day, got distracted and accidentally put the cat food in the bin instead of the cat's bowl. I only realised when I found the unopened sachet of cat food in the bin... and quickly fed the very pissed off cat.

Seven: Hands Free
After a full day of my baby being fussy, where he wanted to be held constantly, I put him in his baby carrier just so I could enjoy a glass of Prosecco and a bag of Wotsits. I then sat on the sofa with him strapped to me so I could have 5 minutes peace... yes, I am sure this isn't in any good parenting manual but believe me I deserved that glass of Prosecco!

No comments:

Post a Comment