Thursday 30 July 2015

The Hidden Gem Cafe in Sheffield

Okay, I admit it... I have a problem. I eat way too many afternoon teas. I am worried this blog may slowly turn into one all about afternoon tea. This is the last one for a while... I swear.

But I just had to share it as this one was at The Hidden Gem Cafe in Sheffield and they are such a great charity!

I am always trawling Groupon and LivingSocial for great deals, so when I came across one for afternoon tea at The Hidden Gem Cafe I had to get it for 3 reasons; I love afternoon tea (I know, shocking news), the voucher was to support Sheffield Children's Hospital and the cafe is linked to a small charity for young adults with learning difficulties... Well, how can you say no to cake and great charities?! (You can find out more about The Hidden Gem Cafe and the charity it is linked to here).

So yesterday I dragged my Nan and Archie off to another afternoon tea and it was definitely up there with one of the best I have had. I always say that the mark of a good afternoon tea is how good the scones are. To me they have got to be moist (I loath a dry scone.. yes, I am scone snob) and little bit crumbly and definitely melt in the mouth. I am pleased to report that The Hidden Gem Cafe's scones was all these things. Plus they offer proper clotted cream and strawberry jam (the jam has to be strawberry of course!).


All the food was delicious, I loved how it wasn't just the basics, it wasn't cheese and pickle sandwiches, you got speciality cheese with a tomato chutney! You can tell they put a lot of effort into their food.

Not only was the food spot on but the waitress was lovely and friendly. The whole atmosphere was relaxed and really enjoyable. It was very family friendly as well!

Also, the room was used to display some of the craft items they sell, these are items made by the students with learning disabilities that the Works Ltd teach (teaching them life skills and craft skills). They are all beautiful, well made items. In fact, my Nan and I have ordered some lovely beach hut style wooden blocks that will spell out ARCHIE for my son. They make such items to order and I just have to pop back when they are done... which is a great excuse to go back with my husband and enjoy more of the food they offer!

Click here for the link to the offer currently on Living Social.

1 comment:

  1. It certainly was delicious. Well worth another visit.

    ReplyDelete