Wednesday 15 July 2015

I was way too cocky...

I was until recently one of those smug women who didnt have 1 stretch mark on their growing baby bump. Even as my bump got quite big (and people were very verbal about how big) I would smugly remark back "and not one stretch mark"....

Ohhhh how that has changed, I have got my comeuppance. About a month before I was due to give birth I noticed the first signs of those dreaded marks... and then they multiplied like bunnies (but a lot less cute).

I now look at my belly and have to accept that it will not be the same post pregnancy. I wouldnt say it was a well trimmed six pack before, but with a bit of breathing in it looked okay in a bikini. That wont be the case anymore...

However, as I mourn the loss of my mark free belly I realise that this is a sacrafice that I would willing make. It is my mark of "mummy-hood" and I will wear it with pride. I might not necessarily flaunt my post pregnancy belly but I will feel a sense of pride that those are the "love marks" of 9 months hard work carrying my baby.

I wish I could say that any of the creams I have used have stopped the rapid multiplying of my stretch marks but they havent. I think that if you are going to get them, then you are going to get them. All us women can do is moisturise and pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment