Friday 24 July 2015

Banoffee Pie Recipe: Simple Recipe for a Busy Mum!

I am really getting back into baking and cooking again. I have always been an avid baker but being heavily pregnant and then a new Mum has meant my poor vintage Kenwood mixer has been neglected.

However, I had a sneaky 20 minute slot while my son slept yesterday so decided to make a decadent treat for me and my husband. Oh boy are these individual Banoffee Pies yummy!

Plus they are really quick to make, prep time is only about 20 minutes and they don't need to be cooked in the oven. They are ideal for any busy people who want to make a dessert for friends coming over.

It is also a really cheap recipe, costing only about £3.00 for 4 individual Banoffee Pies.

Warning this recipe contains lots of calories! But those calories are so delicious. 

All you need is:
    • 300ml of Double Cream
    • 1 medium sized Banana
    • 1 tin of 397g Carnation Caramel
    • 80g of Butter
    • 200g of Oat Biscuits (I used Tesco's Oaties, only 55p)
    •  4 ramekin dishes





    Method
    Firstly measure out the biscuits and then break them into a breadcrumb type consistency by putting in a food processor (or putting into a food bag and bashing with a rolling pin, this is a great stress reliever!).

    Place the biscuit crumbs to one side while you measure out the butter. You then need to melt the butter (I just used my microwave to do this).

    You then need to mix the biscuit crumbs and butter together, until you have mixed enough to ensure all the biscuit crumbs have been coated in butter.
    Now get the ramekin dishes and place 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture into each dish.
    Then push the mixture down with a teaspoon to form a biscuit base that is firm to the touch. Like the picture to the right.

    After this get the Carnation Caramel and put 2 tablespoons into each ramekin dish, on top of the biscuit base and smooth out to an even layer.
    My beloved vintage Kenwood Mixer!

    Delicious Dessert Perfection!
    Cut the banana into slices and place these on top of the caramel layer.
    Lastly you need to whip the cream into stiff peaks and then place a healthy (well, unhealthy) dollop on top of the caramel layer. Place in the fridge for an hour or two before eating.

    I hope you enjoy this, who am I kidding of course you will enjoy this! :)






    2 comments:

    1. Carnation Caramel ..... when did this delight appear on the supermarket shelves? I shall be off to see if I can find a tin of this lovely deliciousness and if I can bring myself to buy a banana (I have read stories of horrible spiders erupting from bananas and I'm not sure I like that idea) I am going to make myself a BIG banoffee pie :-)

      ReplyDelete
    2. It is amazing, you really have to try it. It also makes cooking things like a Banoffee Pie really easy as you dont have to make the caramel yourself. I hope yoiu enjoy it when you make it. :)

      ReplyDelete