Wednesday 29 July 2015

It has been a loooooong afternoon...


This evening I really wanted to post one of the posts I have been working on over the past week. I have some posts I am really excited about: parenting books (with lots of opinions from other mummies), all about C section recovery, summer holiday ideas and more... All these are in the pipeline.

But I have to be honest I am exhausted today and am struggling to get the motivation and inspiration to complete these posts (to the level I would be happy with). While my son was a little angel this morning, sleeping away while I visited relatives and enjoyed yet another afternoon tea (I may have an addiction) things swiftly changed this afternoon once we got home.

Thinking I could take advantage of a sleeping, contented baby I decided to start planning my packing for my holiday. I needed to find out what clothes actually fitted me, if I needed anything more. So I began getting out my long forgotten, pre-pregnancy clothes and trying them all on. Naturally the bed and floor got covered in clothes.

Anyway, mid fashion show my little one woke and has been screaming ever since, which has led to me getting very little done. My poor little man just isn't happy this afternoon unless he is being held, so I ended up sat on my bed in some ill fitting, odd collection of clothes with clothes all over my spare bedroom.
This is the reality of parenting (and to make it worse, nothing fits me! Oh well...)


1 comment: