Wednesday 15 July 2015

Let them eat cake!

Sometimes I feel like the only thing I eat as a Mummy is biscuits and cake. Mostly because of all the coffee mornings you can end up attending as a Mum. Whether they are baby and Mummy groups or just meeting up with a fellow Mummy, this has meant that cake and biscuits has become the staple of my diet.

Often that afternoon coffee and cake, during a meeting with a fellow parent, is the first chance I get to eat. It can take the whole morning to get ready and pack everything you need for just a few precious hours out of the house.

Anyway, because of this cake diet, when I find a good coffee and cake near me it is like gold dust. All these coffee mornings and Mummy meet ups make me feel like I have become a connoisseur of the humble Victoria sponge. 

Luckily I have a few places to pick from when the need for cake arrives and Couch on Ecclesall Road (in my home city of Sheffield) has a top selection. But the king of cakes, both in Couch and locally (in my opinion) has got to be their Salted Caramel Brownie.

This cake is our reward as mummies... Place it next to a large latte and I melt. This brownie is beautifully gooey in the middle and you can really taste the salted caramel flavour (it doesn't leave you wondering where they hid the caramel like so many other cakes can).


I have also tried some of their other sweet offerings and can report that they are delicious too including various brownie flavours, carrot cake and Victoria sponge. They do seem to have a flare for brownies though, as their snickers brownie is also another top treat!

And if the mood takes you, Couch also offers an array of delicious breakfasts, tasty treats, tapas and even cocktails. I love a place that you can take a pram into, get a cocktail in the evening and not feel like you are a bad parent in the middle of bar. The atmosphere is relaxed and it has that stylish look where none of the furniture matches.

It is also worth exploring for the offers they always have on; £1 coffee weekday mornings, 241 breakfasts on weekdays, happy hours and more. I am a sucker for a good deal and their full English breakfast is well worth trying, and if you can go with a friend and get 241 then it can be really good value.

If you are in Sheffield then I definitely recommend this place - they also have another Couch on Campo Lane in the centre of Sheffield too.

Link to their website:
http://couchstuff.co.uk/ecclesall-road/
 
This post isn't sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment