Tuesday 21 July 2015

DUI (Driving Under the Influence... of Milk!)

I know I am still new to motherhood so there are a lot of things I am still learning. One thing I have still not quite got a handle on is our pram. In particular driving it.

In fact, my really bad "pram driving" has become a joke amongst my family. Sadly, their joking has some fact behind it. I can hardly claim to be good at controlling the pram when in 24 hours I managed to run over a stranger's foot in the street, crash into a bin, bashed into a pavement several times and almost took out a shop display. I am worried I will accidentally drag out a shop display soon and get arrested for unintentionally stealing.

Yes, I am no good at steering my pram. I am so bad that I apologise to people in the street and explain I am new to motherhood and controlling the pram.

It doesn't help that the pavements where I live have so many potholes, pavement works and uneven surfaces that it is like a rally car/off road experience for my baby.

Yet another obstacle!
In addition to this, you also have other people to swerve around and other prams to negotiate. Which pram has right of way on a pavement? Someone really needs to create a "Pramway Code"... and I definitely need driving lessons.
I just hope I get better soon, if only for the sake of the feet in my local neighbourhood.
Does anyone else have this problem? It would be reassuring to know other parents struggle too.

No comments:

Post a Comment