Wednesday 30 September 2015

Seasonal Chic: Baby on a Budget...

I am one of those Mums that can't resist a cute, themed piece of baby clothing.

Seeing all the baby outfits for Halloween and Christmas has me in Mummy lust. I have to stop myself buying clothing my son can only wear once or twice, as it is seasonal.

As much as I want the bespoke knitted pumpkin outfit for Halloween (with an adorable matching hat for around £20-£30 off Etsy or Notonthehighstreet.com) I am also a realist... One with a budget too.

But I have come up with a solution that can accommodate my crazy desire to see my son in cute themed outfits over the next few months but is kinder on my wallet: charity shops.

I always have a peek in charity shops, being a bargain hunter at heart, and have discovered that many currently have a great selections of Halloween and Christmas themed baby/kids clothing.

The only downside on this is that you have to filter through them to find suitable sized clothing you like but it has produced a few lovely items for my son.

The other day I found this lovely knitted/jumper style all in one for Archie, for Christmas. For £2.00 and with the original labels still on (so I assume unworn) it is a bargain. As I said, it satisfies my need for cute festive outfits but is a bargain.


I also found this lovely Superman themed onesie for £2.00. Again original labels still on. It is perfect for those colder days as it is fleecey inside.


I haven't managed to find something for Halloween yet, despite the abundance of choice in charity shops. But Archie was given this adorable bib for Halloween, which I believe was £1 from B&M.

What do you mean I am too young for trick or treating?
I highly recommend charity shops for anyone looking for cute outfits over the next few months. Happy bargain hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment