Wednesday 30 September 2015

Mama's Chicken Pie


With the nights getting longer and the days getting cooler I am starting to crave those warming, filling British foods that are best enjoyed during autumn & winter.

The salad days of summer are gone, with a lonely lettuce wilting in my fridge... And instead I feel a craving for a family favourite: my Mums chicken pie recipe! This recipe is sacred to me.

It is quick to make, easy to prepare and is also a great crowd pleaser. I also suspect that my Husband married me purely based on this pie/recipe. He loves it and it is his favourite meal... So ladies, I am giving you the recipe that may get your man to finally propose. Use this recipe wisely ;)

Anyway here it is, super yummy, super simple!

Sorry the recipe and quantities are vague. It isn't written down anywhere I just go off memory. The good thing is that it is a really flexible recipe...

Ingredients:
Puff pastry (yes, I use the pre-made, pre-rolled stuff)
3 chicken breasts
1.5 cups of double cream
1 cup of chicken stock
1 leek
Handful of mushrooms (add as many or as few as you want, load up the dish if you fancy it)
1 cup of cheddar cheese (grated)
Knob of butter

Method:
Firstly cut the chicken into cubes and fry off until thoroughly cooked. Add into the frying pan the leek and mushrooms, cut up, with knob of butter. Cook until leeks have wilted a bit.

Place the chicken, mushrooms and leek into a pie dish. Then pour over the cream and chicken stock. Add in the grated cheese and mix in the dish.

Place the puff pastry over the top and place in the oven for 30 minutes at 200C.

No comments:

Post a Comment