Sunday 20 September 2015

Autumn Update...

The start of September and the start of Autumn has bought a lot of changes and trials as a Mama... firstly I have returned to work which has been fun but also difficult as we try to settle into a new routine, and adjust. I am enjoying the challenge of work again but I have started feeling a little upset when I leave Archie at nursery.

I didnt get upset the first week when I took him to nursery, I think I was really focused on settling back into work. But now I am settled into work again I have had a few moments of "Mummy sadness" after I have dropped him at nursery. Between dropping him off at nursery and starting work I do miss him, before I get too busy at work to miss him.

In addition to the above I have also had a bout of food poisoning and a bad back to contend with.

The past week has been a bit of a bad one for me ol' body... Carrying around a heavy baby has started taking its toll on my back. This doesn't surprise me with all the baby stuff we Mums have to carry... Carrying the pram base, car seat, baby and changing bag in one go happens an awful lot.

Then there was a nasty bout of food poisoning my husband and I got last week. I only feel like a human again today. Nothing tests your resilience as a parent than being horribly ill while dealing with a teething baby. We had three days that was just about surviving. I don't think any of us changed out of our PJs or had a bath for 3 days! We didn't open the curtains for fear we may scare the neighbours, we both looked that terrible!

Between that and trying to get the hang of working with a baby it has meant I haven't blogged as much as I like to.

But with all the new challenges to overcome there has been great new developments, especially when it comes to Archie!

He is now as long as his carry cot for his pram... He was getting a bit squished in it so he has been promoted to the pushchair part of his Cosatto Giggle 2 travel system. I just can't believe how quickly he is growing! The great thing about the pushchair part of the pram is that it has different settings; so he can lay flat on his back or sit more upright.

Having the ability to sit him upright a bit more means he can see a lot more, and he seems to be enjoying his walks in the park a lot more.

Generally he has become so much more interactive with the world, and his toys. He has started showing a preference for certain toys and teddies... he has a real passion for biting teddies. Even his nursery key worker noted it on his nursery "report card"... Yes, Archie is a baby Hannibal to teddies... So proud :/

Important meeting with his advisers!
Plus Archie and I are loving Autumn! Our walks in the park are so lovely now that it is a bit cooler! We can wrap up warm...

Though Archie's coat may be a bit to big for him still...

I can whip out my Hunter wellies... *sigh of autumn contentedness*

 
And we can generally enjoy the lovely, relaxing walks in the local parks!

I am really enjoying Archie at this stage of his development and really enjoying being a Mum during this time of year. I am also really excited about the coming months!


I am now off to continue enjoying a lovely relaxing Sunday... after a nice long walk in the park this morning we enjoyed a coffee and cake before returning home... we have the fireplace on and a roast in the oven! A pretty perfect autumnal Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment