Friday 25 September 2015

A true tale of parenting...


Today was a day that started off well, just like every other day... September sun created a lovely feel to what promised to be a lazy mummy/baby day. Little did I know that my charming little bundle of love may reduce me to tears of laughter in the baby changing room at my Doctors!

I have been dealing with teething nappies lately. Generally gross and a bit explosive! But today I was subjected to the mother of all uncontrollable, explosive nappies! Just as I was about to be called in by the Health Visitor for Archie's monthly weigh in.

I heard what can only be described as a worryingly massive fart come from Archie's nappy while sitting in the waiting room and it put the fear of God in me. I knew... Just knew, that this was not gonna be pretty!

So I explained to the Reception, who promptly gave me a dirty look before going into the baby changing room... to discover my fate.

Yes, my son had created a poonarmy for me. Everywhere doesn't even begin to cover it. I promptly had to strip him out of his soiled clothes (and quickly as I could hear the Health Visitor calling me in)...

But in my haste Archie managed to pull the nappy bag (containing the dirty nappy) onto his head... Ekkk! You know it is a bad mummy day when your baby gets poo in his hair! I promptly cleaned it off while a naked baby wriggled around the changing mat like it was a game...

After I cleaned up one mess he had managed to roll onto his stomach before promptly peeing on the changing mat.

He managed to create a little pee puddle that he was splashing around in... Oh the shame! Not my proudest parenting moment!

I was reduced to tears of laughter because you just can't make up this stuff (and frankly it is better to laugh than cry over the situation)! I had to attempt to wash him in the hand sink in the end. Naturally I couldn't use the hot tap in case it scolded him, so Archie screamed away as I tried to wash him in cold water... I think the people in the waiting room thought I was torturing him.

I just had to share this... Because this is the reality of parenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment