Tuesday 1 September 2015

Mummy Haul

I love doing "haul" posts, I think it is a lot of fun to share the things I have recently bought and am loving.

I have now done a few baby hauls but I now fancy doing one for myself. I have had to buy a few things for myself lately, just for practical reasons.

The first 2 things I wanted to share are my new jeans. Unfortunately I am not one of the lucky few whose post pregnancy tummy shrank back down immediately after giving birth. I am getting there but slowly... My old jeans fit but come with a muffin top that make me look like a home baked loaf of bread, and sadly my maternity jeans (which I have been wearing a lot) have now got a hole in them.

Salted Wash Skinny Jeans

So I had a nosey on the online Next clearance section and found a couple of jeans I purchased. They are still maternity jeans but instead of the large over the bump panel they have a smaller panel or adjustable side panels (like the shorts I got for my holiday, link to my blog about them is here).

I got some light blue jeans with the adjustable side panel in the "pocket area". I love these because I can make them tighter as I lose the pregnancy weight. I am 5 foot 3 inches so bought them in the short size. When I tried them on I did think I could have gotten away with the regular length size but I really like that they aren't really long skinny jeans. They remind me a bit of Capri pants, but not that short. These are going to be perfect for wearing with boots in autumn and winter. They are also very comfortable. They are only £12 on the Next website too.

Blue/Black Narrow Band Boot Cut Jeans


Link to the Next website here. Pictures are from the Next website.

In addition to these jeans I also treated myself to another pair. These are in regular size and were a perfect fit, length wise. Again they feel so comfortable and they are going to be great for wearing over boots.

The design says boot cut but they do flare ever so slightly. The band across the belly means it is stretchy but it is quite tight. So I will be able to use them even when my tummy goes back to pre-pregnancy size (fingers crossed!). They are only £14 as well.

I highly recommend the Next jeans for maternity wear. These designs would be great for the earlier stages of pregnancy. I find the in later stages, when your tummy is bigger that the large over the tummy band is better. But the great thing about getting these, if you get them while pregnant, is that they will also be handy for after pregnancy while you get your tummy/figure back. Or, like me, they are just great for post pregnancy.

Sorry they are only website pictures, but I have neither the legs or tummy to be modelling them and do them justice. :)

I also had to buy myself some black, flat shoes as I go back to work this week. :(
I am going to miss being on maternity leave so much but I am lucky that I am only going back to work part time and will still get lots of cuddle time with my little boy!

Black, flat shoes may be a pretty boring purchase but I have to share these as they are a great buy/tip. I always, always buy black Crocs for work. My job involves standing and walking around for 8 hours a day so comfortable shoes are an absolute must. My shoes must be smart though, so I buy the Crocs shoes that look like work shoes.. Like these which I recently bought...

Me modelling the shoes... Future foot model? Maybe not...
They are the Women’s Adrina III Flat. They are currently £19 on the Cloggs website.

They do have a pattern on them which is cut out but when I wear these with tights they aren't noticeable and look smart. What makes me love using Crocs for my work shoes is that they are so comfortable. As they are made of that "jelly style" material they mold to your feet instantly so I never get any blisters from wearing them in. They feel very supportive and are washable. They also last for ages. I have a pair of black, flat Crocs that I have had for years and they are still going strong.
Now on an indulgent level, I have started selling Avon and decided to buy some of their products for myself. It was nice to treat myself to some beauty products after 3 months! I bought some items because they are good products and well priced, but I also feel that if I sell the products then I should have tried them myself and be happy to recommend them.

My first order is yet to arrive but I really wanted to share it on the blog as I am really excited about what I have ordered.

Firstly I got some Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave in Treatment. Argan Oil seems to be really popular at the moment so I thought I would give it a try, and my hair is always in need of a good nourishing hair care set!

When I looked up the benefits of Argan Oil I discovered it is meant to be very moisturising, so great for skin and hair. It is also good for a styling agent (it helps reduce frizz... which I definitely need with the damp days of autumn approaching!).

In addition to this I also bought a few nail products. Including 2 new nail varnishes. Their Desire and Tender colours from their Nailwear Pro+ collection. These are 2 of the 3 new colours they are currently promoting which are only £3.00. I love these colours because they are really autumnal and will be great to wear with so many things!

The Avon website also showed this great way of using them...








I definitely want to try something similar with the colours! The full details and tutorial is here.

I also treated myself to some press on nails, for the days I am feeling too lazy to paint my nails but still want to make some effort. I bought the pink set and the floral set on the pictures below. They are currently only £5!


I really liked the smell of their new fragrance Attraction as well. It also comes with a free gift this month. For only £15. I am a sucker for a free gift so bought the fragrance and free gift. I really like that in the brochures they have a lot of rub and smell tabs so you can smell them before you buy!


And speaking of free gifts I am going to buy the new mascara they have out in the current brochure. It is waterproof and is only £8.50 and comes with 4 free items: 2 eyeliners, 1 brow brush and a eyeshadow pen. Told you... a sucker for a free gift! :)


All Avon product pictures are from their brochure/website. If you want to view the current brochure you can do here: http://www.avon.uk.com/PRSuite/custonlineOrderEBrochure.page?acNo=Mzc2NDUwMzE=&source=RFlNQ1VSTA==&custRepOrdr=1

I hope you enjoyed the blog post. Have a lovely day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment