Tuesday 29 September 2015

Best coffee in S11

I read a blog post today that says how parenting doesn't get easier... 10 years down the line and this Mum is honestly writing about how it isn't easier. Sob

I appreciate the honesty, but as a Mum of only a 4 month old I sometimes want the sugar coated version. Isn't the next ten years just all about beautiful milestones, family vacations and memories? No?! It seems not.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that it isn't always easy but it seems like it doesn't get easier than what I am experiencing right now. And currently I am clinging to a coffee for dear life after my baby had a fussy day followed by a restless night...

Well, I did want a baby so I best pull up my socks and prepare for the bumpy ride! Luckily I have found a local haunt that serves up a brilliant coffee, and something tells me that coffee and I will be intimately acquainted over the next 18 years (until the day my son goes off to University leaving me a sobbing wreck).

The Seven Hills bakery, I have discovered, makes a pretty amazing coffee. Just a few moments from my home it is perfectly situated to accommodate my parenting induced coffee addiction.

It feels really relaxed, so I can pop in with my hair wet from the shower and no make up on, and just sit enjoying a peaceful coffee while Archie sleeps off his restless night (lucky him).

I love the big windows looking out onto the street, you can do some great people watching. The tables are big and communal, and the whole atmosphere is really one of blissfully watching the world pass you by, and I really needed that this morning. To step out of the pace of life and just watch cars go by and cats roam the streets.

You can tell they take their coffee seriously, it comes in a cute glass with pretty swirls on top, as well as being an all around great coffee. It is strong but creamy! (I know that description sounds like a bad singles seeking advert but I am working on 3 hours sleep here).

In addition to the coffee they offer some delicious pain au chocolats. Seriously... Melt in the mouth, flaky, chocolatey goodness! I may have had a second one... Don't judge, I need the energy. :)

I shouldn't be surprised that the pastries are so good as they are a bakery after all. They also offer local and organic produce.

So anyone in S11 I strongly recommend popping to Seven Hills Bakery for coffee, baked goods and groceries. But especially for the coffee!

They are based on Sharrowvale Road: 232 Sharrow Vale Road open 9am-5:30pm Mon-Sat.

No comments:

Post a Comment