Wednesday 9 September 2015

7 little white lies I tell (as a parent)...

I don't know about other parents but I sometimes feel that I am keeping things together by a very thin thread.

Those day to day activities that I did without even thinking before I had my baby have now turned into massive tasks, that I feel require planning on an military level in order to achieve them to a decent level.

In addition to this I was never great, before having a baby, at keeping on top of day to day things (like the washing pile) but I have now become pretty useless.

Cleaning and washing has been happening on a "need" basis:

Has everyone got clean pants for tomorrow? Nope... Well best do some washing before I go to bed...

Have I got a clean cup for a cuppa? Nope... best clean a cup then...

With this in mind there are a few white lies I tell people, to make myself feel better about this...

1. Sorry the house is a mess, I haven't had a chance to clean this morning.
Hahaha... clean today? I wont clean today! My teething baby wont let me put him down and I have no intention of using the small amount of time he naps to clean. I am going to have a cuppa and mindlessly watch daytime TV! This mess has accumulated over 3 days and will probably be here another 3... but for the purposes of this white lie I clean regularly, and this mess is merely the product of this morning.

2. The washing pile isn't usually that big, our wash day is tomorrow.
Wash day? Yeah right. I will clean what I need when I need it. If you are lucky! The pile trying to give Mount Everest a run for its money will be there next week.

3. Oh you caught me at a bad time I was just about to do my hair.
I had no intention of doing my hair at all today. Up in a pony tail it goes, and that is just to avoid scaring the baby with my frizzy mop trying to do a Medusa impression.

4. Sorry I don't have any biscuits to offer you with your tea, I haven't had a chance do a food shop this week.
Lies, all lies!!! I did the food shop yesterday but ate all the cookies in 1 day as it was the only thing that got me through the day with a teething baby. I NEEDED the sugar for energy!

5. He is teething...
I don't know if anyone else has similar days, when your baby is just fussy. It could be teething, but you don't really know... It probably isn't, it is just a blue moon and your baby is grumpy (hey even adults have bad days)... but to make myself feel less like a failure I just blame teething. 

6. The body suit couldn't be saved.
Yes, one of THOSE explosive nappies has happened. It is everywhere. You don't even know how it got into some places on your child... It is covering his onesie/bodysuit/clothes... Well there have been times when I just say I cant save the clothing and (carefully) just cut the clothing off him. Rather than wash it and try and get the poo covered clothing over his head... Now if I am honest I probably could carefully remove the clothing and wash it. But, sod it, I can not be bothered to have that level of commitment to a piece of clothing he will grow out of in a week.

7. I put Frozen on for the baby... He likes the bright colours and music.
Again, just lies. I love Disney films and put them on for me. Now I am a Mum I just have a good excuse to put them on. For instance, Archie is currently asleep and Frozen is playing while I type this... but it is on for him of course. :)

2 comments:

  1. Think we have all done a few of these things Lucy when our children were little lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes lol we have all been there :-)

    ReplyDelete