Wednesday 9 September 2015

I will miss those midnight feeds?!?!


I know I have mentioned being tired a few times, what Mum doesn't mention it every now and then. The midnight feeds have really been getting to me.

However I realised something last night. I will miss them! (I know, I think I may have lost the plot, but bare with me).

I can already tell that my son is growing quickly. My tiny newborn who was unable to do anything is now a thriving three, almost four, month old. He can roll over, hold up is own head, giggle and smile, can see better and is starting to grab things.

It is likely that at some point in the next three months that he will start sleeping through the night.

And I will lose those these precious moments of comforting and his sweet smiles. He often wakes up fussing but the moment I go to him he gives me the biggest smile! How can I not love that? It feels like those cheeky midnight smiles and giggles are our little secret.

I find it really funny, even at 3am in the morning, when he is smiling behind the teat of his bottle. Big eyes beaming full of mischief.

So while I complain about these midnight feeds, that seem to take forever, I also secretly cherish these moments.

Either that or sleepless night have caused me to slowly go insane...

No comments:

Post a Comment