Thursday 28 April 2016

He isnt a tiny baby anymore...


I bavent been the sentimental type when it comes to Archie moving away from "baby stage", so far anyway. I donated and gave away most of Archie's baby clothes with a ruthlessness that may shock most Mums (we just don't have the space to keep/store them all). I didn't get misty eyed over the 6 month mark, or that I had stopped counting in weeks.

However, what has made me emotional over my little boy growing up was cutting his hair. And not just because I had to do it and did a bad job, (it looks a bit jagged in some places). A hairdresser I am not.

I just couldn't believe the change in how he looked. Pre hair cut he looked like a pudgy baby with overgrown baby fluff/hair. But now he looks like a little boy rather than a baby!

His hair seems more adult now too, coarser rather than baby soft and fluffy. It is no longer that bit too long and, and to me it has made such a difference.

I looked at my handiwork, ignoring the severe edges around his ears, and realised for the first time he wasn't really a tiny baby anymore. It made me want to do something crazy like glue the hair back on. Of course I wouldn't.

But the change was done, it was permanent and I was forced to realise I had said goodbye to my small baby.

I actually wanted to cry when I realised the difference.

I know this means many more exciting things are on the horizon but it was a sad moment as a Mummy to say good bye to those days of a small baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment