Thursday 14 April 2016

7 signs your a Mama!

The tiny dictator in my life!
I managed to sneak in a nice, long hot shower today while my son was napping. It was awesome!

I even managed to shave my legs! When your husband complains that your hairy legs are prickling him in bed then you know you have got to make some "me" time!

While I was lather, rinse, repeating in the shower I was thinking about how I am such a "Mum" type these days! All those kind of funny, kind of frustrating things that mean you have a tiny person dictating your life. Here are my top 7 signs of motherhood!

One: The sexiest words your husband can say to you in bed are "I will get him/her" (meaning he will go and sort the crying baby in the middle of the night, so you get to continue sleeping). Those words can make any Mum weak at the knees!

Two: When you go shopping for clothes you never get anything for yourself! I spent 4 hours in town the other day and bought nothing for me, but my son is going to look like a fashion victim this summer!

Three: You no longer get designer bag envy, that is replaced by pram envy... That woman has the new Cosatto limited edition Wonder... Bitch!
 
Four: You have "the" hair cut. One day you will cave, you will go to your hairdresser and beg for a easy to maintain and quick to blow dry Mummy cut. It will happen, I caved just last month. 

Five: You clean your whole house with baby wipes! I think it is because there is literally a pack of baby wipes in every corner of my house (but typically never any when you have a nappy explosion to deal with).

Six: Your laundry basket develops magically powers. No matter how many washes a day you to, it never goes down!

Seven: You have nothing to talk about (if it isn't about babies). Before I was a parent, I couldn't understand those parents that had nothing to talk about besides children/their kids. But I am one! I cant help it though. I was sat having my Mummy haircut the other day and I couldn't think of any conversation starters (that weren't about kids). I just sat there for 20 minutes trying to think of something witty to say... and I had nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment