Saturday 24 October 2015

The most magical of ideas! (and gifts)

http://www.themagicdoorstore.com/home/4585159113
Sometimes in blogging I have a lull. Or my mind can be brimming with ideas but nothing really captures my enthusiasm.

But at some point during a lull, usually after a full day when I am totally exhausted, something comes along and you think: wow! I love it and I must share it.

Well, this was the case recently when I got an email in my inbox from The Magic Door Store asking if any bloggers wanted to mention them, especially in the lead up to Christmas! Being the naturally nosey person I am, I clicked on the link and was confronted with the most magical of things...

The possibility of my very own miniature door to welcome fairies and elves into my house!

Well, as a lover of all things magical (I go a bit loopy over Christmas and Santa, as well as being a massive Harry Potter geek) I was immediately adding it to my gift list!

While I will definitely be getting one for my son when he is older he is currently too young to appreciate a magical elf doorway. However, I knew of two little girls whose imagination would be captured by such an enchanting entrance into another world!

In the words of the maker on the website:

"These stylish, miniature doors create a magical entrance for your fairies & elves to visit your home.
All that the fairies & elves require is somewhere quiet & secret so that they can come & go as they please, sprinkling love & magic once everyone is asleep.
Just imagine the excitement of exchanging little gifts & messages with your fairy & elf friends & discovering tiny magic dust footprints on the floor."
 
I was suitably enticed and have now purchased a lovely pink fairy doorway to give to my cousin's little girls. Both the girls Mama and I are really looking forward to introducing it to them.
 
There are so many ways to do this. You could give it to them and tell them that they have to put the door somewhere special and then blow fairy dust over it so that it opens the special portal to fairy land.
 
Or you can use the little extras that the company provides and put a letter outside the door that "welcomes" fairies and elves to use the doorway.
 
Or lastly, and this is my favourite, you could put it down without the children and wait for them to notice it. So they can have the wonder of noticing it and wondering where it came from. If I did this I think I would write a mini letter to the children informing them that we ("the fairies") will now be using the door (but only fairies can open the door with their magic of course).
 
All lovely ideas to capture a child's imagination!
 
We also had the great of idea of using it as a doorway for "Santa's Elves". Telling the girls that the Elves come through at night and make sure that you have been good and your rooms are tidy, and they tell Santa. 
 
At the risk of sounding manipulative (but lets be honest us parents need these tools) this is a great way to ensure that good behaviour that often occurs during the lead up to Christmas. Oh the perks of that glorious month of blackmailing using Santa and presents!
 
Anyway, I was really excited about this item and had to share it before I even got it! But I will also be writing a separate blog post once I have received it, letting you know how the girls got introduced to the doorway and the hit it will no doubt be!
 
Have a magical day!
 

1 comment: