Wednesday 2 March 2016

Hello again...


It has been a very loooong time since I posted, for anyone who likes to read my blog regularly I am sorry... I hope there is someone who does... :)

I could go through the long list of reasons I haven't posted in a while: sinus infections, flu, baby not sleeping, baby teething, working lots, a house move and a new job... the list can go on. But the basic reason is just being so busy and not feeling very inspired lately.

However, I am hoping I will now have a new lease of life into my blogging.

I feel like I should share something of my December and Christmas... Because that is where I last left this blog, and despite all that businsess I didnt managed to do half the things I had hoped. I had the typical visions of being a domestic goddess, earth Mother type with a Christmas that had Santa envious. Where I would be blissfully baking organic, refined sugarfree mince pies with a festive apron on and a lovely cooing baby sitting watching patiently in his highchair.


Typically I set myself up for a massive fail. Not foreseeing a house move mid December and the active nature of a 7 month old beginning to crawl. Seriously, how did he go from a snail pace shuffle to racing car fast in the space of a week? Any why oh why does he think the other side of the room is amazing mid nappy change?

Nothing gets you moving like chasing down a crawling baby with a dirty nappy half hanging off their cheeky bum!

I got no baking done, despite promising family lots of goodies. I feel bad about this! I have promised to make the festive treats next year instead... am I setting myself up for failure yet again? Probably.

Christmas Eve and Day was not quite what I imagined either. I bought my baby the "Santa is coming to Sheffield" book, which is really lovely. I had imagined reading it to him on Christmas Eve, naturally he would be all serene. Maybe looking at me lovingly while I began a Christmas Eve tradition. Did it go like that? Hell no! He wiggled and wormed around on my lap, desperate to get away. It was a battle of wills, at one point my husband told me to give it up. But I was determined to finish the darn book... I finished the lovely story about Santa coming to Sheffield, but I wouldnt class it as a magical moment or parental "win".

Naturally my son barely slept the 2 nights leading up to Christmas and after being up until midnight putting up a trike on Christmas Eve I was exhausted. I was less earth mother, and mother of all zombies! I ended up cooking the worst roast I have ever done and forgot to have even one glass of festive tipple!

I just want to share my Christmas catastrophe, I feel like I need to warn other parents. It isnt all fairy lights and magical moments. The (parental) struggle is real, even over the festive season!

No comments:

Post a Comment