Saturday 24 October 2015

Getting my baby Christmas Chic!

I know, I know, I go on about Christmas like a broken record. I am sorry if you are not a fan of Christmas but I am... so on this blog from now until the 25th of December there will be a lot of the C word.

I am sorry, but I am not really sorry about that. Everyone has there favourite time of year. Some love summer and all its bright, glorious sun... but I am a winter gal through and through. Give me long cosy nights, fireplaces, Yankee candles, mince pies, snow, Christmas markets, mulled wine any day!

I could go on and on... I often do. But I do have a reason behind this (long overdue, as I haven't done one in ages) blog post. I have been slowly but surely prepping my little boys "Christmas wardrobe".

From buying sale items from Next before Archie was even born, this January, to currently pestering my Husband on the importance of Christmas themed baby leggings. They are important!

As always, I wanted to share my little bits and bobs on here. Not only because I like to share things on my blog, but also because some of the best buys have been the cheapest. And I love to share a bargain. I am pretty sure most Mums, especially those with their babies first Christmas this year, are keen to have one or two cute and festive outfits this season.

Firstly one of the best places I have found for Christmas outfits/clothing at really great prices are charity shops. I have noticed that a lot of charity shops are currently making little "seasonal" rails in their shops. Several of the ones I have been into have had dedicated rails of baby and children's clothing that are Halloween or Christmas themed.

I have been pawing through these rails in my local shops and come up with some real gems, because as much as I love Christmas (and want to drive my Husband insane with Archie's Christmas clothes) I do appreciate that it is one month of the year, and spending a lot on these clothes would probably wasteful and frivolous.

I have also noticed that a lot of the seasonal clothes have been new or barely worn as well. I popped into one charity shop the other day and they had a large pile of £1 body suits (Christmas themed) in various sizes. They were end of the line items given to them by Tesco, from their F&F range and were brand new/unworn with the labels still on.

Here are pictures of the three body suits I picked up for £1 each...


In addition to the above I also recently purchased a onesie from a charity shop, it is a jumper fabric with penguins on. For less than a couple of pounds it will be a nice addition to his wardrobe, as well as being a warm outfit on those colder days.


As well as trawling through the charity shops I did start buying items back in January. Being the festive addict that I am I knew that I would want to get some Christmas jumpers for my baby, so I bought some Next jumpers in their January sale. Although it is probably too late for anyone wanting a sale priced Christmas jumper now, I would highly recommend looking next January for next Christmas. You can pick up some real bargains (just be sure to get the right size for your baby next Christmas).

Here is a little picture of the jumpers (and other items) I got in January...


As well as the bargain items, I have bought the odd full priced item. For instance I couldn't resist these Snowman leggings from Blade and Rose, having just ordered them they are on there way to me. I am really excited about Archie wearing these! I am a big fan of baby leggings. I have said it before and I will say it again, they are so much easier for nappy changes. If you know a Mama-to-be get her baby leggings. They are easier for washing, wiping sick off and changing a wriggling baby. They also last longer (usually being 6 month age ranges instead of the usual 3 months).

Picture from the Blade and Rose website

I also plan on buying the Reindeer leggings they currently have on their website because one pair of Christmas leggings is clearly not enough!

There is a link to the Blade and Rose website here.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed my little festive themed blog, have a great evening! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment